Vibro Stone Columns (Vibro Replacement)
Helicon's vibro stone columns (or vibro-replacement) are a ground improvement technique particularly suitable to increase the density of granular soils and reinforce cohesive soils.
Making sure the ground can support a structure is a team effort that requires equal parts communication and expertise among all parties involved. Helicon has completed ground improvement solutions at hundreds of sites in Florida, building trusted relationships and a bank of knowledge unrivaled in the industry.
Installing vibro stone column often times dramatically strengthens weak soils at a lower cost than either building deep foundations or replacing weak soils with engineered fill. We provide the most cost-effective and technically appropriate solution for your project’s needs. Every vibro stone columns project completed by Helicon comes with a Firm Foundation Warranty.
Advantages of Vibro Stone Columns
- Loose sand and silt sites with high ground water.
- Liquefiable and loose sand sites with seismic settlement.
- Sites that require gravel drains.
- Sites where vibratory ground improvement will be effective.
- Contaminated sites.
- Fill sites with high ground water.
Vibro Stone Columns Common Uses
- Increase bearing capacity
- Decrease settlement
- Mitigate liquefaction